KCBASS Workshop Participant – This is the course for most students. Coordinated by Johnny Hamil.
- Work directly with staff on your playing in semi private masterclasses
- Scales and technique hour everyday
- Play together in Bass orchestra everyday and final evening performance on last day of camp.
- Perform your solo during Solo Hour. Camp pianist will be provided or play with one of the faculty a bass duet.
- Large group masterclasses and more thru the week.
- Be able to customize a track that is more in your interest area thru playing in a small ensemble that performs at final concert. (classical, rock, jazz, folk, Weird and Wacky and potentially Dangerous).
Virtuoso Advanced Solo Double Bass Course – Instructors: Francois Rabbath, Ted Botsford.
- Advanced Course (possible for online option)
- Class size limited by private teacher recommendation.
- Preparation list will be sent as soon as you are enrolled.
- This class it is required to own Rabbath vol. 1, 2, 3, and 4.
- assigned pieces will be arranged for your to prepare.
- You will play the lead solo part in group in final performance.
electric Bass only course
Scales and technique Classes for electric bass
Play in bass orchestra with tabs or sheet music
Semi private masterclasses with electric bass instructors
perform your solo during solo hour (play with one of the faculty)
Learn more Theory
Learn more about chart reading and improvising.
General Observer Participant
- Enjoy the experience of online classes with no set schedule.
- More like attending a convention such as ISB.
- With some events you can play along with the clinicians, however, most of this will be watching.
Public School Strings Teacher Program/ Teacher Training for George Vance
Are you a strings teacher that would like to learn more about the double bass? We have some amazing teachers who specialize in helping keep your students from falling into the normal traps of the instruments. This faculty knows your point of view very well and help you get your teaching tools in order. We all would like to help you the most. This year is probably the once in a lifetime that all of these bass players will be ready to talk to you. Bring your students along and we can help you both at the same time. Your bass family is here to help. This is normally one day of the camp. The teacher training is all five days.